The Ultimate Tip for Your Morning Routine
What do you do after you leave your bed? Do you have a routine? A set of habits that help you to start your day sensuous and energized?
My whole life I have thought routines were boring. I wanted to be free, spontaneous and impulsive. It culminated in long sleeping and endless breakfasts with my boyfriend when I had no fixed appointments. While it was really a relaxed and free lifestyle - I called it the bliss of being my own boss - there was sometimes a feeling of postponing to actually start the day. And a sublime fear of getting nothing done the whole day came up from time to time. Adding some delicious habits into my mornings step by step over the last eight years lead me paradoxically to even more freedom, and to happier, even more sensuous and fulfilled days while I got more done in the same time. I now call this my morning routine.
I'm planning to make a video to show you how I start my days. But for now I'd love to share with you the one thing that really changed my life. I have implemented it well over one year ago. And I only miss out on it if I have to catch an airplane in the middle of the night or I had a very wild party the night before...
Here it comes, it's so simple: I move my body, mind and soul with sensuous dancing, my neat dance workout or other kinds of movement. I decide, what I want to do spontaneously, I listen to my body's needs. It takes me 30 to 60 minutes and I do it before breakfast.
You don't have time in the morning?
Well, it's up to you, but these minutes are so well invested. Even if I have to get up earlier than I would normally wake up, I'd rather sleep shorter than skipping my dancing.
All the benefits:
1. Dance and any exercise where you really tune in to yourself and your sensuousness balances your body mind and spirit. It enables you to start your day sensuous and therefore centered and focused.
2. Getting your metabolism running on an empty stomach without caffeine will make you feel energized throughout the day.
3. You feel great, as you have already accomplished your desired amount of workout in the morning. This sounds obvious, but the effect this has on your over all well-being is not to underestimate.
4. Recent studies show that even if you work out only three times a week before breakfast, you fall asleep more easily at night and your sleep is also deeper. And as you already know, getting a better sleep improves not only your mood. It has a tremendously positive effect on your health and weight.
5. Studies also prove that wile you might not reach your peak performances before breakfast, you loose more weight than you would by exercising after eating.
6. According to the ancient teachings of Ayurveda the morning time is the best time to move for cultivating a healthy lifestyle.
So now I want to challenge you:
For the next week, starting tomorrow, make time to move your body, mind and spirit!
1. Choose a way of moving you will actually enjoy. If I don't have any time I do at least this: Good Morning! Quick workout for a sensuous and energised start in your day. Maybe those are 22 minutes you can also commit to.
2. Make sure to wake up earlier, so you really have time to enjoy your workout.
3. Tell me if you did it and how you liked it!
P.S.: If you like this idea, share it with your friends!