Your Sensuous Breath...
As you may have discovered through the last week, sensuousness is all about letting. Letting your senses be free and receive all kinds of information, letting emotions come up with all consequences. Letting go of mindless thoughts to gain clarity, letting go of tension to find inner strength.
This week I encourage you to dive fully into breathing. All ancient cultures linked the breath directly to our life force or soul. Through my exercises, you will experience why.
Unconsciously we take a breath 23.000 times a day. Often we don't perceive that our breath becomes shallow through out our stressful daily life. Most people with whom I have worked on breathing awareness notice holding their breath during vast periods of their day!
Through our habit of shallow and tense breathing we get tight in our whole torso. We loose the elasticity, strength and so the capability to breath sufficiently.
If you find yourself constantly fatigued, unfocussed or anxious, my exercises will offer you a great relief. If you feel totally brilliant and fully alive, you will increase your sensuousness, mindfulness and energy level.
Even if you don't share the ancient concepts of Prana or Chi, our modern science has proven that a free, uninhibited flow of breath is not only providing us with the required amount of oxygen, it's also a fantastic massage for our organs. It increases your lymphatic flow, fuels your digestion and your whole metabolism. It's a workout for all the muscles in your trunk including your precious pelvic floor and your diaphragm - it also creates a slimmer waistline. It simply nourishes and refreshes your body, mind and soul!
Sensuous breathing tips:
1. As you sit here, where do you sense your breath? On your nostrils? In your sinuses? Down your throat? In your ribcage? Your back? Your belly? Your pelvic floor? Where else? Do you allow your whole body to be moved by your invigorating breath? How do you feel, paying attention to your breath?
2. Do the following breathing-exercise now and as often as you wish: find a comfortable position and close your eyes. Breath in for seven counts, hold your breath for seven counts, breath out for seven counts and then hold again for seven. Do this exercise five times in a row and turn on your sensuality! You can keep the count with your fingers, to fully sense your body. And give yourself time to experience how you breathe and feel afterwards.
3. Observe your breath during the day. When does it get shallow? When do you catch yourself holding it? I created some sweet reminders, you can install as wallpaper on your electronic devices and print to pin on your wall.*
4. Pay special attention to your breath in the moments you get close with your partner. Let the breath flow through you as you give in to the pleasure, you will be amazed how this affects your encounter.
4. If you want to free your ribcage of old constraints, gain the mobility and strength to breath to your fullest potential try out my Sensuous Bellydance Workouts. The warm-ups and the cool down, as well as all the upper body techniques are your tool to empower your breath!
5. Share this with your friends, let's keep each other accountable on breathing fully.
*My wallpapers for you!
Right-click on the links to download to your device and install or print.
Desktop/Tablet and print 1680x1050 pixels
Android Galaxy Nexus1280x720 pixels
iPhone5 640x1136 pixels
iPhone4 640x960 pixels